Safety starts with the packaging
Textar brake pads stand for reliable braking power and maximum braking comfort. Our customers trust in this premium quality worldwide.
Inferior counterfeiting represents a major safety risk. Unfortunately, at first glance, counterfeit products are barely distinguishable from the originals. The danger often only becomes apparent when they are used in the vehicle. This can have fatal consequences.
From now on our packaging for Textar passenger car brake pads is provided with the new PROriginal seal, which secures the packaging and must be removed before it can be opened. Other product groups will follow. On the back of the seal, there is a QR code and a twelve digit, alphanumeric code, which are both uniquely associated with the product.
- By scanning the QR code with the Textar Brakebook app (free for iOS and Android) or another QR code scanner.
- By entering the alphanumeric code on the website www.fightingthefakes.com.
Once the code has been entered or scanned, the customer receives one of the following responses:
- You have got an original Textar product.
- This code has already been scanned. Please contact us if the box was unopened.
- Warning! This is not a valid code. Please contact us.
This allows the customer to find out immediately whether the product they have is an original or a counterfeit. If the customer has an invalid code or one that has already been scanned, then it is highly likely that the product is a counterfeit and TMD Friction should be informed immediately using the online contact form or the service hotline (+49 (0)2171 7032397) so that necessary, further steps can be taken.